Radio New Zealand
Floodwaters are receding across the South Island after torrential rain on Friday, but many roads are closed and some people in Greymouth are in evacuation centres for a second night.
At least 12 Nepalese climbing guides have been killed and five others are missing after an avalanche struck Mount Everest.
The third officer was at the helm of a South Korean ferry when it capsized and the captain may have been away from the bridge, investigators say.
A weekly review of Radio New Zealand's news stories, available as a podcast.
Your weekly dose of rural stories and issues.
Take your ears on an exotic journey as we feature world music artists from around the globe.
Illustrated introductions to major pieces from the classical repertoire.
Listen to New Zealand songs that take us to the beach, the moon, the milking shed and many places besides.
A collection of book readings, major dramas, drama series, children’s stories and other stuff available to listen to any time you want.
Inspiring, insightful and entertaining stories for New Zealanders who have grown up in the digital age.
Stuck for gift ideas? We have tea towels, postcards and a range of T-shirts
Popular audio items
- Political commentators Matthew Hooton and Mike Williams
- Don Brash: luck and consequences
- Mediawatch for 13 April 2014
- Michael Leunig - Australian cartoonist, artist and writer
- Susan Krumdieck
Latest audio items
- 7pm Pacific Regional News for 18 April 2014
- The Week In Review for week ending April 18 2014
- Dateline Pacific evening edition for 18 April 2014
- No immediate transfer of babies to Pacific detention camps
- Return to communities new focus of Solomon' flood relief