Radio New Zealand
A Massey University researcher says her studies show teachers who educate Maori special needs children have low expectations of their pupils.
Despite the prospect of partial freezes in power bills, Labour still says there needs to be a sole state power purchasing agency.
An independent review into residential care for the disabled says major changes are needed to ensure residents are safe and well cared for.
Fonterra's decision to hold its forecast milk price and slash the dividend surprised farmers who were expecting a further boost in the payout.
Mary Wilson presents the day’s major national and international news stories.
A weekly analysis of significant political issues.
Veronika Meduna’s blog from the Spirit of Mawson Antarctic expedition.
CYF opened its doors to reporter Mani Dunlop, giving her a glimpse of what really happens at the agency
Your weekly dose of rural stories and issues.
Stuck for gift ideas? We have tea towels, postcards and a range of T-shirts
Simon Morton explores the things we use and consume.
Inspiring, insightful and entertaining stories for New Zealanders who have grown up in the digital age.
Popular audio items
- Ann Dowsett-Johnston : women and alcohol
- Politics with Matthew Hooton and Mike Williams
- Mediawatch for 8 December 2013
- John Fitzgerald : Ireland and money
- Homemade TV drama gets the chop
Latest audio items
- Parliament holds last debate of the year
- GM to end Australian manufacturing by end of 2017
- Deaf community outraged over 'fake' Nelson Mandela interpreter
- Search continues for Australian man missing for five days
- Independent panel seeks major changes in disability care