Radio New Zealand
- Listen Live to National
- Global Business (BBC)
More than 40 homes and buildings have been left uninhabitable in Greymouth after a storm bringing gale-force winds and rain tore through the West Coast and continues to batter parts of the South Island.
Updated 9 minutes ago
The third officer was at the helm of a South Korean ferry carrying 475 passengers when it capsized and the captain may have been away from the bridge, investigators say.
The Labour Party's Auckland Central candidate, Jacinda Ardern, says electoral boundary changes will make her fight for the marginal seat even harder.
A weekly review of Radio New Zealand's news stories, available as a podcast.
A weekly analysis of significant political issues.
Explore our back catalogue of music interviews, documentaries, concerts, sessions and performances.
With Radio New Zealand for iPhone or Android, you can listen to your favourite programme content anywhere, anytime.
A collection of children's stories available for download.
Your weekly dose of rural stories and issues.
Inspiring, insightful and entertaining stories for New Zealanders who have grown up in the digital age.
Stuck for gift ideas? We have tea towels, postcards and a range of T-shirts
Popular audio items
- Political commentators Matthew Hooton and Mike Williams
- Don Brash: luck and consequences
- Mediawatch for 13 April 2014
- Michael Leunig - Australian cartoonist, artist and writer
- Susan Krumdieck
Latest audio items
- Dateline Pacific evening edition for 18 April 2014
- No immediate transfer of babies to Pacific detention camps
- Return to communities new focus of Solomon' flood relief
- Tuvalu re-establishes ties with Georgia
- 3pm Pacific Regional News for 18 April 2014