Asian Style Pork Ribs
- 2.5kg fresh free range pork ribs
- 2 cans of chopped plain tomatoes
- 330ml of coca-cola (it sounds crazy but makes the meat very tender)
- 400grams of lee kum kee hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon of coriander seeds
- 1 bunch of coriander (separate stalks from leaves)
- 1 whole red chilli (de seeded)
- 3 tablespoons of manuka honey
I like my ribs in small portions, so ask your local butcher to cut the ribs into 3rds length ways, and then slice each rib into separate individual riblets.
In a deep braising dish, place all ingredients apart from coriander leaves and allow it to marinate overnight.
Slowly braise the pork riblets in the oven for 3 1/5 hours at 155 degrees.
Once the riblets are soft, allow it to cool in the braising liquid then separate carefully
Take the braising liquid and blend till fine, return to a pot and slowly reduce until thick
Once reduced, place the riblets back in the sauce and serve in a bowl and garnish with fresh chopped coriander.