Asparagus, Mushroom & Zucchini Soup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium potato, diced
- 1 leek, finely sliced
- 2 zucchini, cut into small cubes
- 6 spears asparagus, sliced
- 10 button mushrooms, sliced
- 3 C hot chicken stock
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh chervil, chopped
- To serve: extra virgin olive oil, freshly grated parmesan cheese
Heat the oil in a saucepan and sauté the potato and leek over a low heat for three to four minutes.
Add the zucchini, asparagus and mushrooms and sauté for another four minutes.
Add the stock, tomato, parsley and chervil and simmer for 20 minutes.
Ladle into individual bowls, add a teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil to each bowl and serve the parmesan cheese separately.