Barbequed Warehou with Wasabi Sake Butter
- 4 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon chilli oil
- 4 x 200g warehou steaks, de-boned with the scaled skin left on
- 250g butter, softened
- 1-2 teaspoons wasabi paste
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 teaspoon lemongrass, finely grated
- ½ cup sweet sake
- 1 tablespoon fresh coriander, chopped
- sea salt and ground white pepper to taste
Mix the two oils together and brush onto the warehou. Char-grill (preferably over charcoal or wood embers) the warehou on a hot barbeque, brushing each piece frequently with the oil mix.
Beat the butter to a soft cream. Add the wasabi, ginger and lemongrass. While continuing to beat, slowly pour in the sake… little by little so as not to curdle the creamy butter. Finally add the coriander and seasoning.
Place your grilled warehou onto your favourite salad or maybe some grilled vegetables then spoon a generous dollop onto each piece of fish. Give it a minute to half melt and ooze down the fish a little before serving.