Black Olive Tapenade
- 225g black olives
- 50g (16) anchovy fillets (rinsed)
- 25g (3 tbsp firmly packed) capers (rinsed)
- 1 small clove garlic (peeled and crushed)
- 30ml (2 tbsp) olive oil
- 30ml (2 tbsp) lemon juice
- 1⁄8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
Rinse olives, smash and remove stones. Place olives, anchovies, capers and garlic in the bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Pulse to a rough texture.
Add olive oil and pulse until mixture is paste-like. You may need to add a little more olive oil.
Transfer mixture to a small bowl and stir in lemon juice. Season to taste with pepper. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or freeze for up to 3 months.
Rockford Rees 2011
Reproduced with permission from Ruth Pretty Cooks at Home by Ruth Pretty.
Published by Penguin Group NZ.
Copyright © text, Ruth Pretty, 2012.