Cherry and Rose Semifreddo
- 4 egg yolks
- finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 4 tablespoons milk
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 cups cream, softly whipped
- ½ tablespoon rose water, optional
- 350 grams fresh black cherries, pitted and halved
- 200 grams rose Turkish delight, cut into small pieces
Line an eight cup capacity mould with double tinfoil or plastic wrap.
Whisk the yolks and lemon zest with an electric beater, until very thick.
Put the milk and sugar into a small saucepan and heat to dissolve the sugar. Pour onto the yolks, whisking constantly until the mixture is cool. Fold the mixture into the cream then fold through the rose water, cherries and the Turkish delight.
Pour into the prepared mould and cover with the plastic wrap. Place in the freezer. After 1 hour, gently stir with a spoon to re-distribute the cherries and Turkish delight, otherwise they sink to the bottom of the mould. Repeat the stirring again if necessary.