Chocolate Fudge Slice
- 1 packet plain biscuits, crushed
- 1½ cups desiccated coconut
- 1 cup dried cranberries or currants
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 150g butter
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
Cocoa Fudge Icing:
- 1½ cups icing sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 45 grams softened butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla essence
- a little water – added to make icing a spreadable consistency
Grease and line with baking paper a 30 x 20cm slice tin.
Combine the biscuit crumbs, desiccated coconut and cranberries in a bowl.
Tip condensed milk into a pot with butter and cocoa. Heat until bubbling, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla essence.
Pour the hot mixture onto the dry ingredients and mix until thoroughly combined. Press into the prepared tin.
When the mixture is cool mix together the icing ingredients and spread over the base then place in the fridge.
Slice into squares and store in an airtight container.