Ingredients Crayfish Sandwich
- 1 crayfish tail
- 30g butter
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp freshly chopped parsley
- 4 slices fresh white bread
- homemade lemon mayonnaise (see below)
- a few sprigs of watercress
Ingredients Lemon Mayonnaise
- 2 egg yolks
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp Dijon mustard
- 150ml grapeseed or similar lightly flavoured oil
- 150ml olive oil
- lemon juice to taste
- Whisk egg yolks, salt and mustard together in a heavy bowl. Start adding the grapeseed oil drop by drop while you continue to whisk. As the mixture thickens add the oil in a steady stream. Continue to whisk in the olive oil and add lemon juice to taste. If the mayonnaise thickens too much, thin it with a little hot water. Adjust lemon juice and seasoning. Keep refrigerated and use within a few days.
Remove meat from crayfish tail and break into segments.
Melt butter in frypan and sauté garlic. Add crayfish and cook until the meat whitens then add the chopped parsley and remove pan from heat.
Make up two large sandwiches with the sliced bread, generous dollops of lemon mayonnaise, a couple of sprigs of watercress and the still warm crayfish meat.