This page is from our recipe collection.
- 50 mls fish sauce
- 50 mls lime juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber, peeled, halved lengthways, seeded, each half sliced paper
- thin, slices sprinkled well with salt, set aside 30 minutes, well
- rinsed in cold water and squeezed dry.
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- ½ cup thinly sliced mint leaves
- ½ cup sweet Thai chilli sauce
- ½ cup crushed roasted unsalted peanuts.
Mix the fish sauce, lime juice, sugar and garlic until the sugar has dissolved. Reserve.
Put the cucumber, spring onions and mint into a bowl, add the fish sauce mixture and mix well.
Serve each fritter with some salad on top, some chilli sauce and a sprinkling of peanuts.