Cucumber with Feta & Cranberry Orange Relish
This page is from our recipe collection.
- 1 sml cucumber
- 2 tbsp quark
- 4 tbsp creamy feta (roughly chopped)
- freshly ground white pepper
- cranberry orange relish*
- 3 - 4 chives (washed and cut into 2 - 2.5cm lengths)
Cut the cucumber in half lengthwise, seed and cut into half again. Cut each length into 3 cm pieces. Slice off the bottoms of cucumber pieces to help them sit flat.
In a small bowl combine quark, feta and a grind of white pepper. Stir with a fork until combined but not smooth.
Place a teaspoonful of the feta mixture on to each cucumber piece. Lightly press down to help it adhere to cucumber.
Transfer to a serving platter and top with a teaspoon of cranberry orange relish. Garnish with chives.
*Cranberry Orange Relish
- 1 orange, washed, pips removed and roughly chopped
- 1 Granny Smith apple, peeled, cored and roughly chopped
- ¼ lemon, washed, pips removed and roughly chopped
- 2 C cranberries (if frozen, thaw first)
- ½ C brown sugar
- ½ C walnuts, roughly chopped
Place the orange, apple and lemon in a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Process until roughly chopped.
Add the cranberries and process until all the fruit is finely chopped but not smooth.
Transfer to a bowl and stir in the sugar and walnuts.