Date Ice Cream
- 250gms-dried dates pitted and chopped
- Pulp of 1 vanilla bean
- 6 egg yolks
- ¾ cup castor sugar
- 2 cups cream
- 1 cup milk
1. Place the dates, vanilla pulp, cream, sugar and the milk in a medium saucepan.
2. Bring to a simmer over a medium heat.
3. Place the egg yolks in a medium bowl and whisk until smooth.
4. Slowly pour the cream mixture into the yolks while continually whisking.
5. Place in a blender and puree until smooth.
6. Pass through a fine mesh sive, and then cool.
7. Freeze in an ice cream machine and keep frozen until required.