Egg and Cucumber Salad
This page is from our recipe collection.
Marie Claire Fresh & Easy: Simple Food for Relaxed Eating by Michele Cranston
Published by Allen and Unwin
- 4 fresh coriander (cilantro) roots, rinsed
- 1 large garlic clove, crushed0
- 1 birdseye chilli, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon soft brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 125 ml (4 fl oz/½ cup) olive oil
- 4 Lebanese (short) cucumbers
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- 30 g (1 oz/1 cup) picked chervil leaves
- 30 g (1 oz/1 cup) picked coriander (cilantro) leaves
- 10 g (¼ oz/½ cup) picked mint leaves
- 10 chives, snipped
- 4 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 30 g (1 oz) pine nuts, toasted
To make the dressing, finely chop the coriander (cilantro) roots and combine with the garlic, chilli, sugar and sea salt. Add the lime juice and olive oil, whisk to combine and set aside.
Chop the cucumbers into chunks and combine with the onion and herbs in abowl. Pour the dressing over the cucumber mix and lightly toss.
Arrange the dressed salad on a platter.
Roughly chop the eggs and sprinkle themover the salad with the toasted pine nuts.
John Hawkesby’s wine recommendation
Porters Estate 2010