Fennel and Orange Salad
- 3 medium/large fennel bulbs, trimmed and sliced in thin slices.
- 4 large oranges, peel skin and pith then cut between membranes with a sharp knife to release segments (called orange supremes)
- ½ red onion sliced into thin slices
- 1 red chilli deseeded and diced fine
- ½ bunch of chopped Italian parsley
- ½ bunch of sliced mint leaves
- ¾ cup of olive oil
- ¼ cup wine vinegar
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- fresh ground black pepper and salt
Get all the ingredients prepared and ready for assembly.
It is best to assemble just before serving so it retains its freshness and crispness.
In a big bowl combine the vinegar, mustard and salt and pepper and then gradually whisk in the oil in a steady drizzle. Add in the remaining ingredients and thoroughly combine.