Fragrant Sweet and Sour Prawn Soup with Daikon
- 10 mls canola oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 red chilli
- 2 tsp palm sugar
- 2 tsp tamarind pulp
- 1/3 c fresh pineapple
- 1 shallot
- 1 tsp coriander leaves
- 1/3 c daikon, peeled and thinly sliced
- 700 mls chicken stock
- 300 mls water
- 15 mls fish sauce
- 2 fresh Roma tomatoes, crushed
- 30 mls lime juice
- 80 grams small prawns, peeled
- 200 grams rice noodles, cooked
1. Heat the oil in a pot and add the garlic and chilli. Sweat for about 20 seconds.
2. Add all the other ingredients, except the prawns, and simmer for about 10 minutes.
3. When ready to serve, reheat the broth and add the prawns.
4. Divide the noodles between 4 bowls and ladle the broth over the top.