Fresh Summer Salad
- 6-8 sweet tomatoes, chopped into chunks
- handful torn basil
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 1 large mild chilli, julienned
- zest of 2 lemons
- 1 large red onion, slivered
- 2 tablespoons salted/ brine capers
- ¾ cup kalamata olives, pitted
- 1 small tin (approx 50g) anchovies, chopped
- 2 tablespoons verjuice/lemon/lime juice
- good douse of extra virgin olive oil - I always use Olive NZ, rich and delicious
- flaky salt and fresh ground pepper.
Combine everything except the verjuice or juice, oil and seasoning. Squeeze the verjuice or juice over the top. Add the oil and seasoning.
Serve with linguine pasta, steamed fish or slivers of pan-seared chicken breast. The dish will absolutely rock if you add a few chunks of goats feta to it!