Fresh Sweet Corn Fritters
- 6 fresh sweet corn cobs
- 3 spring onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- 5 medium (size 6) free-range eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons plain flour
- Olive oil for frying
- Salsa or hot sauce of your choice for serving
Remove the husks and silks from corn cobs then boil gently for about 12 minutes, or until tender.
Drain, then drape cobs them with a piece of kitchen paper until cool enough to handle. Using a large sharp knife, cut the kernels off the cobs.
Put corn kernels in a bowl and add spring onions, parsley, basil, eggs, cream, salt, and pepper to taste. Mix well then blend in flour.
Drop tablespoons of the mixture onto a hot well-oiled barbecue hot plate.
Cook fritters until golden on both sides. Drain fritters briefly on crumpled kitchen paper.
Transfer to a serving plate and serve immediately with a biting salsa, or sweet Thai chilli sauce.