Garlic Prawns with Chorizo
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 chorizo sausage, sliced 1 cm
- 3 small dried red chillies
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika, mild or hot
- 12 raw king prawns, peeled and deveined, tails left on
- 1 tablespoon fino (dry) sherry
- sea salt and chopped parsley to finish
Finely chop four garlic cloves and finely slice the other two.
Heat the olive oil in a cazuela or sauté pan over a low heat and add the sliced garlic.
Cook, stirring, for 4 - 5 minutes, until golden. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
Increase the heat to medium high and add the chorizo and chillies. Sauté the chorizo until it is crisp and golden.
Add the chopped garlic and paprika and fry for one minute before adding the prawns and sherry. Toss the prawns for several minutes until they are pink and cooked through.
Toss through the fried garlic and season well. Divide between small tapas dishes and serve with crusty bread to mop up the juices.
John Hawkesby's Wine suggestion:
- Spring Creek 2007
- Framingham Classic 2006
- Hunters 2004
- Askerne 2006