- 500g small raw shrimp, shelled (and patted dry if thawed from frozen)
- Sea salt
- 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic (preferably fresh not jarred)
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons medium-dry sherry
Sprinkle the shrimp with salt and let sit for 10 minutes. In a shallow fry pan heat the oil with the garlic and parsley until the garlic begins to sizzle but not brown. Add the shrimp and stir until they are opaque. Add the sherry, salt to taste, and cook over medium heat for a minute or two until the sherry evaporates and the sauce thickens slightly. Serve immediately.