This recipe relies on very flavoursome, very ripe tomatoes.
- 1kg large beefsteak tomatoes (we use Spanish Red), cored and cut into chunks
- 1 cup watermelon (no seeds) diced
- a couple of thick pieces of day old ciabatta ripped into pieces
- ½ telegraph cucumber chopped
- ½ red onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- salt and Pepper
- 2 ice cubes
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ punnet coloured cherry tomatoes cut into quarters
In a food processor combines all ingredients except the olive oil and cherry tomatoes. Puree until smooth. Slowly drizzle in the olive oil. Chill in the refrigerator for at least ½ an hour or until very cold.
Serve in a bowl garnished with the chopped coloured cherry tomatoes and a drizzle of olive oil.