Gluten Free Herb and Parmesan Crusted Chicken
Preparation Time: 20 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
- 1/2 cup gluten free flour
- 2 eggs, beaten with a fork
- 2/3 cup gluten free bread crumbs, (We made our own using old/slightly stale gluten free bread, crumbling it up as much as we could)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 Tbs chives, finely chopped
- 2 Tbs basil, finely chopped
- 2 large chicken breasts, boneless and skinless (will be cut in half)
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Tbs vegetable oil
- 2 Tbs olive oil
1. Prepare herbs and chicken breasts and slice the chicken in half-length ways, so that you end up with 4 thin fillets.
2. Set up 2 plates and 1 shallow bowl in a line. The first with the flour in it, second with the eggs (beaten) and third with a mix of breadcrumbs, Parmesan cheese, salt, pepper and fresh chopped herbs (thoroughly combined).
3. Season the breasts with salt and pepper. Cover 1 chicken breast in flour and shake off excess flour back onto plate. Dip that fillet in the egg ensuring that the fillet becomes completely covered in egg, hold above bowl and let excess egg run off. Next place the fillet in the bread mixture and roll it around until covered in breadcrumb mixture. Place aside and repeat process with the other 3 fillets.
4. Place the oils in a large pan over a low-medium heat. When the oil is hot, place as many of the breasts as you can fit in the pan and cook for 4-5 minutes. Flip the fillets and cook for another 4-5 minutes or until done. Serve immediately with a salad and lemon or your choice of vegetables.