Goat Feta and Watermelon Salad
Photo by Aaron McLean.
- 3 thick slices watermelon
- 300gm goat feta thickly sliced
- ½ red onion finely sliced
- 9 black olives such as kalamata
- 3 slices telegraph cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1 fresh chilli slivered
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Sprinkling of extra virgin olive oil
- few sprigs of mint
Take the rind off the watermelon and cut flesh into triangles. Discard any seeds.
Layer on a plate with the feta, a few red onion rings, olives and the apple cucumber.
Sprinkle with fresh chilli, lime juice, extra virgin olive oil and mint leaves.
Suggested wines to complement this recipe
Neudorf Kina 2008
Soho Rose 2008
Nobilo Methode Traditionelle 2005