Summer isn't really summer without lovely fresh, cool salads. A traditional Greek salad is hard to beat…. that is until you taste this version of it! Try customising it with your own flavours and textures, it's always loads of fun experimenting and of course you get to eat lots of wonderful food along the way!
- 50 ml red wine vinegar
- 50 ml balsamic vinegar
- 200 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
Place all the ingredients into a mixing bowl and whisk together. Allow about an hour for all the flavour to infuse with one another.
- 1 telegraph cucumber
- 16 cherry tomatoes
- 4-6 spring onion bottoms
- 1 cup french green beans, cut in one inch lengths, blanched and refreshed
- ½ cup pitted black olives
- 1 tablespoon baby capers (If you only have normal capers, that's fine too)
- 180 g feta cheese, cut into cubes
- 4 wedges iceberg lettuce
Gently toss all the ingredients together except the cheese and lettuce.
Add most of the dressing, retain about a ½ cup.
Place a wedge of lettuce on each service plate.
Divide the salad between to four plate and arrange on top of each lettuce wedge.
Divide the cheese between the four plates and also arrange on top.
Finely, drizzle the remaining dressing around the plates