Grilled Salmon with Mustard, Horseradish, Rum and Capers
Serve hot with sourdough or French bread.
- 1 side of Regal salmon, skin on and boned
- 2 teaspoons capers
- ½ teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar (pref. Cane)
- 2 tablespoons of wholegrain mustard (moutarde)
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons good quality horseradish (Mandy’s Horseradish)
- 2 tablespoons dark cane sugar (brown sugar okay)
- 1/5 cup of dark rum
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon of dried dill tops or 1 teaspoon of finely chopped fresh dill
Combine all paste ingredients and spread generously over the flesh side of the salmon.
Sprinkle capers, salt and brown sugar over paste.
Oil the grill and grill salmon, skin down, for 13-15 minutes using the indirect grill method with high heat (or grill in oven).
Serve immediately, don’t chill.
Served with mesclun and Telegraph Hill Balsamic Drizzle.