Trevally is often underestimated. Straight out of the sea, it's a delicious fish, particularly raw. Trevally should be bled immediately after capture. I love the bite and the texture of the chilli and it adds wonderful colour.
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 shallot, slivered
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely diced ginger
- 1 large trevally fillet, cubed
- squeeze of lemon juice and zest from 1 lemon
- squeeze of lime juice and zest from 1 lime (optional)
- ½ red chilli, finely sliced
- flaky sea salt
- ground white pepper
- 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
Mix onion, shallot, garlic, parsley and ginger together in a bowl and coat trevally with them. add the coated fish to another bowl with lemon and lime juice and zest. Leave to marinate overnight or even for as little as 2 hours.
Plate up the fish, add fresh chilli, season and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.