Melt-and-Mix Chocolate Coconut Cake
This page is from our recipe collection.
- 250g butter, melted
- three-quarters of a cup cocoa powder, sifted
- 1and a third cups caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 and a half cups desiccated coconut
- 1 and a half cups self-raising flour, sifted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- three-quarters of a cup milk
- 1 quantity chocolate glaze (see below)
Preheat the oven to 160°C. Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and whisk until smooth. Pour into a 20cm square cake tin lined with non-stick baking
paper. Bake for 1 hour, or until a skewer inserted in the centre comes out
clean. Allow to cool in the tin for 10 minutes, then turn onto a wire
rack. When completely cool, spread with chocolate glaze.
- 150g chopped dark couverture chocolate
- half cup cream
Place chocolate and cream in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring until melted and smooth. Allow the mixture to stand for 10 minutes and to thicken slightly. Pour the glaze over a well-chilled cake and tap to remove any air bubbles.