Moroccan Style Lamb with Couscous, Roasted Vegetables and Red Pepper Dressing
- 4 boneless lamb rumps (substitute loin or rack of lamb if preferred or else a whole butterflied leg of lamb if cooking for a crowd).
- 1 Tbsp oil
- 1-2tsp Moroccan seasoning
- 2 peppers halved with seeds removed and quartered
- 2 courgettes diagonally sliced
- 2 medium sized red onions, peeled, halved and cut into 6 wedges
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
Massage lamb rump with oil and Moroccan seasoning. Preheat oven 200ºC and oven roast lamb rumps approximately 8 minutes. Remove, leave to rest.
Toss vegetables in olive oil, salt and freshly ground black pepper.
I always keep my vegetables separate as I find the courgettes take less time as opposed to the red onion which takes longer.
Preheat oven 200ºC and oven roast vegetables 10-15 minutes. Remove from oven and drizzle with balsamic vinegar.
If substituting other cuts of lamb,preheat oven 200ºC and the following are approximate cooking times:
Loin of lamb: Seal in a hot pan and oven roast 4-6 minutes.
Rack of lamb: Seal in a hot pan and oven roast 18-20 minutes.
Butterflied leg of lamb: Seal in a hot pan and oven roast 25-30 minutes.