Moutere Inn Kiwi Lamb Burger
To make 3 standard or 4 small patties
- 500g minced shoulder of lamb (ask your butcher to mince for you) Max 15% fat
- Half a teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard
- Pinch of salt/ pepper
- 1 heaped tablespoon red onion (sweated without colour)
- 1 small free range egg yolk
For the burger
- sourdough bun
- mint mayonnaise (mint mayonnaise is made using freshly chopped mint, mayonnaise of your choice, salt and pepper to taste)
- vine tomato
- cos lettuce
Finely dice onion - sweat down (no colour), allow to cool and once cold mix with all the above ingredients.
Rest mix for 1 hour.
Divide mix into evenly sized patties.
Shallow fry the patties in hot oil (cooked medium is 2 minutes each side on medium heat).
To build the burger:
Cut sourdough bun.
Spread mint mayonnaise on base.
Add sliced vine tomatoes and lettuce.
Put the patties on top and lastly the burger lid.
We serve with a bamboo stick to hold burger in place.