Nanna Napier’s Christmas Pudding
Makes one standard boiled pudding
Serves 8 - 12 depending on how generous you are!
- ¼ lb sultanas 110 gr
- ½ lb raisins 225 gr
- ¼ lb mixed peel 110 gr
- 6 oz shreddo 180 gr
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- finely grated rind of 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon almond essence
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 120 ml brandy
- ½ lb demerara sugar 225 gr
- ½ lb fine breadcrumbs leave crusts on and blitz in machine 225 gr
Dredge fruit, shreddo and spice in a little flour, then add vanilla, lemon & almond essence.
Mix sugar and breadcrumbs.
Beat eggs, add milk and brandy then add to dry ingredients, mix thoroughly.
Lightly butter a standard pudding bowl and press the mixture in.
Place in a pot of boiling water and gently boil for 6 hours
Serve with custard or brandy sauce.