Pan-fried Chicken Salad with Grapes, Almonds and Raspberry Vinegar
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp crushed coriander seeds
- finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- salt, flaky sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 free-range skinned and boned chicken breasts, rinsed and patted dry
- ¼ cup flaked almonds
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 small buttercrunch lettuce
- 1 cup crunchy red grapes, halved and pipped
- 100g feta, crumbled
- 1½ tbsp raspberry vinegar
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Put olive oil in a shallow dish. Add crushed coriander seeds and lemon zest and season with plenty of black pepper. Add chicken breasts and turn them to coat in marinade. Leave for 30 minutes.
Fry almonds in a little hot sizzling butter, transfer to a plate and sprinkle with sea salt.
Pan-fry chicken breasts in a heated non-stick frying pan over medium heat until lightly golden on both sides and just cooked through. Season with salt and transfer to a plate to cool for 5–7 minutes.
Wash and dry buttercrunch lettuce and tear leaves into bite-sized pieces. Put in a bowl with grapes.
Mix raspberry vinegar, extra virgin olive oil and ¼ of a teaspoon of salt together, adding a little black pepper. Slice chicken against the grain. Toss lettuce, grapes and chicken with dressing. Transfer to a serving bowl and top with feta and almonds. Serve immediately.
Recipe from Julie Biuso At Home