Pasta with Potatoes, Two Cheeses, Olives And Walnuts
- 300g short pasta such as ficelle, cassereccia or penne
- 2 medium waxy potatoes, peeled and diced to about 2cm
- 4 tbl olive oil for frying
- 250g haloumi, thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic finely chopped
- zest of 1 lemon
- ½ cup walnut halves, toasted and coarsely chopped
- ½ cups kalamata olives
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 200g feta, crumbled
- freshly ground black pepper and flaky sea salt
- extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil and add the pasta and potatoes. Stir until it comes back to the boil and cook until the pasta is al dente by which time the potatoes will be tender.
Remove from the heat and drain. Place in a warmed serving bowl.
While the pasta and potatoes are cooking, heat the olive oil in a frying pan and fry the slices of haloumi until golden brown on each side.
Add the fried haloumi to the hot pasta and potatoes. Working quickly add the remaining ingredients, seasoning with pepper, a little salt and a good drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
Toss gently and serve immediately.