Peach & Roasted Red Pepper Salad
This page is from our recipe collection.
Hot spices and lemon zest dusted over a bowl of sweet roasted red peppers and juicy peaches is a real knock-out. Serve with barbecued duck, quail, pork, chicken or fish.
- 3 red peppers, halved, cored, seeded and cut into chunks
- Fruity extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/8 tsp chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Finely grated zest 1 lemon
- 4 perfectly ripe peaches
1. Put pepper chunks in a bowl and drizzle with oil. Toss well, ensuring every piece of pepper is coated in oil. Cook on a barbecue hot plate until softened and lightly charred. Alternatively, put red peppers in a shallow roasting tin and drizzle with a little oil. Roast in an oven preheated to 180°C (fanbake) for about 30 minutes, or until softened and lightly coloured around the edges.
2. Toast cumin seeds in a dry frying pan over a medium heat for a few minutes until they are fragrant. Grind the seeds finely, then mix with chilli powder, salt and lemon zest.
3. If the peach skins are tough or bitter, peel them. Slice peaches. Transfer hot peppers to a serving bowl and top with peaches and all the juices. Sprinkle over spice mixture. Serve immediately.
Peppers are bursting with vitamin C and have plenty of vitamins A and some B group vitamins too.
From Sizzle Sensational Barbecue Food