- 1 ½ cups self-raising flour
- 1 cup cold mashed potatoes
- 30 g melted butter
- ¾ to 1 cup butter milk or milk
- ½ cup tasty cheese grated
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh herbs.
Pre-heat oven to 200c
Into a large bowl add sifted flour and stir through mashed potatoes and moisten with butter and milk and form a soft dough ball.
Turned onto a lightly floured surface and knead dough lightly.
Form into 8 equal parts.
Roll into 25cm lengths and shape into knots.
Place on baking sheet lined oven tray.
Brush with milk and sprinkle each knot with grated cheese.
Bake until golden about 10 minutes.