Seared Keralan Prawns
This recipe brings back memories of my childhood, when we would holiday in the South of India. The lush green coastal state of Kerala always had mouth watering seafood dishes on offer. This particular dish is a quick version of a traditional recipe.
(Serves 4 )
- 2 tablespoons Patak’s Korma Curry Paste
- 1 tablespoon natural yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 32 jumbo prawns (shrimp) with tails
- 8 wooden skewers, soaked in water for half an hour
- 1 teaspoon desiccated coconut
In a bowl mix the Patak’s Korma Curry Paste and yoghurt together.
Add the olive oil and prawns. Leave to marinade for about 30 minutes or so and thread onto skewers.
Place on the BBQ or under a hot grill and cook for 5 minutes or until the prawns are cooked through.
Sprinkle over some desiccated coconut and serve with a fresh homemade dip.
Greenhough Hope Vineyard 2005
St. Clair Pioneer Block 4 2006