Spicy Fish and Rice Stew
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 400g can sweetcorn kernels, drained
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken stock
- juice of 3 lemons
- ½ cup long grain rice
- 600g white fish fillets, cut into 2cm cubes
- ¼ cup chopped fresh coriander
- sea salt and freshly ground back pepper
Heat a large saucepan, add the oil and onion and cook over a medium heat for 5 minutes to soften but not colour. Add the garam masala and cook for 1 minute. Add the corn, tomatoes, stock and lemon juice and simmer for 10 minutes.
Add the rice and cook for 8 minutes, then add the cubed fish and simmer for 5-7 minutes until the rice is tender. Stir in the coriander and season with salt and pepper to taste.