Sweet and Sour Chicken
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 2 chicken thigh (360g), cut into small sizes
- 1 Tbsp Chinese cooking wine
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 4 Tbsp potato starch (or corn starch)
- oil for deep frying
- 1 red capsicum, cut into bite size
- 1 green capsicum, cut into bite size
- 2 slices of pineapple, cut into small pieces
- 2 cloves of garlic, sliced
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsp vinegar
- 4 Tbsp white sugar
1. Marinate chicken with chinese cooking wine and soy sauce for 10-15 minutes in the fridge.
2. To make the sweet and sour sauce, mix soy sauce, tomato sauce, vinegar, white sugar in a bowl and set aside.
3. Heat oil in a wok or deep fryer to 180 degrees. Dust the chicken with potato starch and deep fry for couple of minutes or until chicken is cooked though. Drain the oil with kitchen paper and set aside
4. While you are deep frying the chicken, heat a frying pan on medium-high heat and add 2 Tbsp of cooking oil. Add garlic and wait until fragrant. Add capsicum and cook for 3-4 minutes.
5. Add the sweet and sour mix,100ml of water and pineapple and cook on medium heat.
6. Once the sauce starts to bubble, add the deep fried chicken and stir well for a minute or until the sauce has thickened.
7. Serve with cooked rice!