Sweet Coconut Rice
- half cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup canned coconut cream
- quarter cup desiccated coconut
- 2 and a half cups cooked sushi rice or medium grain Calrose rice
- water if needed
- quarter cup desiccated coconut, lightly toasted in the oven (optional)
Put the sweetened condensed milk, coconut cream and desiccated coconut in a medium saucepan and slowly bring to the boil while stirring.
Add the cooked rice. Stir constantly while you simmer the rice over low heat for about 5 minutes, forming a soft creamy mixture. Add a little water if needed to keep the pudding soft. Serve warm or cool with fresh tropical fruits such as banana slices moistened with lime juice, or sweet pineapple.