Thai Beef Salad
- 500g beef sirloin in one piece, all fat and sinew removed, sprinkled with fish sauce and left to marinate for 2 hours.
- 4 shallots, thinly sliced lengthways
- ¼ cup ripped up mint leaves
- ¼ cup coriander leaves
- 1 spring onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red chilli, seeded, thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce.
- 1 cucumber, half peeled and sliced thinly
- 3 vine ripened tomatoes, cored and cut into thin wedges
- 3 handfuls baby salad greens
- ½ cup crushed roasted unsalted peanuts
Barbecue or panfry the beef, turning frequently, until medium rare. About 10-12 minutes.
Remove from the heat and rest in a warm place for 7 minutes then slice thinly.
Mix the beef with the shallots, mint, coriander, spring onion, chilli, lime juice and fish sauce and mix well. Put the cucumber, tomatoes and salad greens on a platter and pile the beef mixture on top.
Sprinkle the peanuts on top.