Tonjiru (Pork & Veggies Miso Soup)
- 100g pork belly, skin off, sliced thinly
- 50g carrot, sliced and quartered
- 50g daikon radish, sliced and quartered
- 50g potato, sliced and quartered
- 2 mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 1 spring onion, sliced thinly
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 cups water or Dashi stock
- 2-3 tbsp miso paste
Put sesame oil into a pot. Turn heat on. Add pork to the pot, cook until colour turns white.
Add all veggies to the pot except spring onion. Stir well until all veggies coated by oil.
Add water or Dashi stock then bring to boil. Skim the scum.
Simmer until veggies are softened. Turn heat off, then add spring onion and miso paste.