Tossed Black Bean Mussels
- 1 kg mussels, scrubbed and de bearded
- 1 tbl oil
- ½ tsp crushed ginger
- 2 spring onions shredded
- 1 red chilli seeded and sliced finely
- 1 tbl Shao xing rice wine
- 1 tbl black bean garlic sauce
- 1 tsp soy sauce (not dark)
- ¼ cup chicken stock
- a dash of sesame oil
Heat oil in a large saucepan with a lid, add ginger, spring onions and chilli and toss for 30 seconds.
Add remaining ingredients, put the lid on the pot and shake over the heat until the shells are opened. This should take about 4 to 5 minutes.
Discard all the mussels that have not opened, and serve immediately.
Seresin Estate 2006
Alpha Domus 2006
Matariki Reserve 2005
Esk Valley Black Label 2006