Tuna, Black Olive, Pine Nut & Caper Crostini
- 1 baguette thinly sliced diagonally
- extra virgin olive oil, for brushing & moistening
- 175g oven baked or Greek-style black olives, pitted & chopped
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon capers, rinsed & chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes, soaked & chopped
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
- 100g canned tuna in oil, drained
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 190 C. To make the crostini, brush both sides of each slice of bread with olive oil and spread out on a baking sheet. Bake for about 10 minutes until crisp and golden.
Put the olives, pine nuts, capers, garlic, parsley, tomatoes and lemon rind in a bowl and mix well. Add the tuna, break it up with a fork and mix it thoroughly with the other ingredients. Moisten with a little olive oil, taste and season with salt and pepper. Pile the mixture on top of the crostini. Serve immediately.