Turkish Style Chicken with Yoghurt and Cumin
- 12 boneless chicken thighs, skin on
- 2 tablespoons cumin seeds, toasted and ground
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4-6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup plain, unsweetened yoghurt
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- lemon wedges, a few black olives and flat-leaf parsley leaves to garnish
Place the chicken thighs in a shallow dish.
Combine the cumin, onion, garlic, paprika and lemon juice in the food processor or blender and blend to a pulp.
Add the yoghurt and pulse briefly to combine.
Pour over the chicken and toss well to coat.
Cover and marinate for 1 hour or overnight in the refrigerator.
Preheat a ridged grill plate or barbecue.
Season the chicken with salt and pepper and grill until it is golden and the juices run clear – about 6 minutes each side.
Garnish with lemon wedges, black olives and flat-leaf parsley leaves.