Warm Spiced Cauliflower Salad
Serve this as a side dish, part of a tapas-style meal or on its own as a lunch dish.
- 1 head cauliflower, chopped into florets
- 1 x 400g can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Spray oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 cups silver beet leaves, stalks discarded
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons crumbled goats’ feta
- salt & pepper to taste
Preheat the oven to 200°C. Put the cauliflower and chickpeas on an oven tray, spray with oil and sprinkle with cumin, tossing to coat. Roast for 20-30 minutes, until cauliflower is browned and tender, with some crispy dark brown edges.
Blanch or microwave silver beet for 1-2 minutes, until tender.
Combine cauliflower, chickpeas, silver beet and olive oil in a large bowl. Mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
Transfer to a serving plate and sprinkle over goats’ cheese.
John Hawkesby’s wine recommendation
Michelle Richardson Central Otago 2010
Jacob's Creek Reserve Adelaide Hills 2009