Zucchini Beignets with Fresh Vegetable Salad and Mozzarella
This page is from our recipe collection.
Beignets (makes about 16-20 beignets depending on size)
- ¾ cups self-raising flour
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- ½ cup Parmesan powder
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 zucchini finely grated and squeezed of the juices
- pinch of salt
- 3 cups sunflower oil for frying
- 2 zucchinis, peeled into strips
- 1 cup broad beans, blanched and peeled
- 6 mint leaves finely shredded
- 6-8 small mozzeralla balls
- ¼ cup lemon-infused olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- ½ teaspoon caster sugar
- salt and pepper
Heat the oil.
Mix ingredients together and deep fry in small teaspoon sized balls, just before serving.
Break one open to make sure the inside is cooked.
Quickly blanch the zucchini strips, (put them into a pot of boiling salted water for 20 seconds, and remove and refresh into cold water).
Combine all of the salad ingredients and gently toss with dressing in a large bowl.
Place the beignets onto a platter and top, artistically, with the salad.
John Hawkesby's wine recommendation