Skip to content.
22 May - 10:32 pm NZ
with Phil Broadhurst
Saturdays at 1:00 pm
Wellington-based bassist Nick Tipping sits in for Phil Broadhurst on The Art of Jazz. This week, Nick helps celebrate Concert’s New Zealand Music Week with Kiwi Jazzers you may not have heard of.
1) Trombonist Nick van Dijk plays his tune Patience from his album Oceans Like This on Rata RT004
2) The Michael Taylor group play Corners from their self-released album Quintiplicity
3) Bassist Tom Dennison plays his tune Antelope from his album Zoo on Rattle Jazz RAT-J-1008
4) Bruce Brown plays piano and sings his song Can’t Get Abducted ET Don’t Dig Me Blues from his self-produced album Love Finds You
5) Saxophonist Reuben Derrick plays the Ellington and Mills tune Sophisticated Lady on his album Champagne for Everyone.
6) Olivier Holland (bass) is joined by Nathan Haines (tenor sax) on his tune If I Should Lose You from the album Duets on Ode Records CDMANUS 5102
7) Paul Dyne plays Greenish Blue from his album Shelter Of the Ti-Tree released on Ode Records.
8) The Troubles play the Lucien Johnson tune Les Oiseauxd’Amour from their self-titled album on Rattle Records RAT-J-1010
"I don’t care if a dude is purple with green breath, as long as he can swing." Miles said it. We stick to it
Phil Broadhurst casts an eye and ear around the jazz world.
Audio is categorised based on the frequency of the programme it was heard in. Click on the headings below to access the programmes. For the most recently published audio, go to the latest audio page.
Streams are in Windows Media format. Mac and Linux users may need to install additional software. Get help with audio
A selection of music interviews, reviews, videos, concerts, sessions, and performances.
Downloads and podcasts are available for selected programmes. Our podcast page has a complete list of feeds.
Help on using online audio: formats, software, podcasts, downloading, and troubleshooting.