The Papua New Guinea Electoral Commissioner, Reuben Kaiulo, says he will not recognise or declare results in two Southern highlands electorates.
In an affidavit to the Supreme Court, Mr Kaiulo says elections in the Kagua-Erave and Tari-Pori electorates were not properly conducted and he will not declare a winning candidate for the seats.
The Supreme Court is deliberating whether to allow him to declare the two elections as failed.
Mr Kaiulo says counting there cannot begin because there were no ballot boxes or papers to be counted.
And he has asked the court to further extend the elections to August the 15th because counting for the rest of the Southern highlands cannot be completed by next Monday's deadline.
This comes as the Governor General has set August the 5th as the day for the first sitting of the new Parliament.
81 of the 109 seats have been declared, with the National Alliance winning 15.
20 more parties and 13 independents share the remaining 66 seats declared so far.