The Mendi Hospital in the Southern Highlands province of Papua New Guinea will close its doors by the end of the week if the government fails to provide funds to purchase drugs and security.
The hospital's chief executive officer Joseph Turian says since the partial opening of the hospital in September 2002 there had been repeated break-ins.
Mr Turian says this has led to the theft of property such as a 15-seater bus, a dental compressor and other medical equipment.
He says he presented a petition to the provincial administrator on the September the 19th, requesting police protection but he has not received a favourable response.
Mr Turian also says the hospital has also not received any allocation from the National Department of Health or the provincial government to purchase drugs, forcing them to scale down services.
He says if no funds are forwarded the hospital will seek approval to close on Thursday.