Two of 12 passengers on a domestic flight in Fiji have been hospitalised after being covered with fuel and breathing in fumes.
The SUNAIR aircraft was on a flight from Nausori to Labasa yesterday when the passengers smelt fuel in the cabin and began feeling dizzy.
Sera Bogitini from the Labasa Women's Crisis Centre said about 15 minutes before landing, several of her colleagues sitting at the back of the cabin had their legs and clothes covered with fuel.
She said her colleagues staggered and vomited on landing.
Two of them were admitted at the Labasa Hospital while the other passengers were examined and are being kept under observation.
The Civil Aviation Authority is investigating the incident with its chief executive, Norman Yee, saying a loose fuel cap appeared to have caused the leak.