7 Apr 2005

Papua hammers out agreement on autonomy funds

8:17 pm on 7 April 2005

The Papuan provincial government in Indonesia has reportedly hammered out an agreement with local administrations late on Tuesday on the sharing of nearly 190 million US dollars in autonomy funds.

The Jakarta Post reports that according to the agreement, 40 percent of the funds will be managed by the provincial government, with the remaining 60 percent managed by the province's 29 regency and municipal administrations.

The signing of the agreement was attended by Papua Governor, Jaap Salossa, and the heads of regency and municipal administrations from across the province.