Fiji's National Fire Authority has brought a fire at the capital's Lami rubbish dump under control.
Residents living near the dump were reportedly advised to evacuate their homes last week because the fire was emitting toxic fumes.
The Suva City Council town clerk, Ili Tomasi Verenakadavu says the Fire Authority extinguished the fire last night and only small areas of smoke remain around the dump fringe.
He denies reports the dump fire was emitting toxic fumes.
"I don't want to go into the technical issue here. The only issue now we have controlled the fire and it's out. Now the agency which stayed with us has annouced it will pull out because there's no more problem from the fire now."
The Suva City Council town clerk, Ili Tomasi Verenakadavu