Authorities in Wallis and Futuna say they've resolved a water and electricity crisis caused by striking workers blockading the supply company, EEWF.
Water and power were restored on Friday to the five thousand people on Wallis who'd experienced cuts over the past four months.
EEWF's local general manager last week fled to the company's headquarters in New Caledonia over security concerns.
But government official Benjamin Gerard says about half a dozen strikers have now left the company's premises and there is no threat to staff.
"We have assured them that it's in their interest to participate in all negotiations and there won't be any problem on behalf of neither the kingdom nor the strikers who put them into diffculty."
Mr Gerard says the administration had invited EEWF to further negotiations on the issue but no one turned up to last week's meeting.